- assistance with site location surveys and allocation of new business premises
- advice on selecting site locations
- statements regarding planned legislation and directives.
Commerce and services:
- collaboration on creating attractive city areas and involvement in city marketing
- information and advice on issues regarding wholesale, retail and commercial agencies
- arbitration board for settling competition disputes.
Economics and statistics:
- quarterly economic surveys on the economic situation and development in the region
- information on the regional labour market
- site location analyses and reports on the region
- information on economic data, sector and market indicators.
- reports to government on issues concerning transport infrastructure
- promoting modernisation of transport routes and new local public transport schemes
- statements on approval applications in the passenger and freight transport industry.